A: Explicitly, we usually have contracts available for Wordpress and Squarespace site building, coding of all sorts, SEO, writing, graphic design, and social media management.
If you have any experience working in community organizing, art, administration, tech, design, or literature, please apply! You won’t be turned away for a lack of “official” work experience on your resumé. We can help you fill in the gaps so you are ready to take on contracts in no time!
Q: How does it work, exactly?
A: The application process is done through the Shortlist software (a queer-owned startup in the USA). You will be asked to upload any materials that show your work, tell us about how you identify if you wish to, and let us know your rate information. You will then book an interview with our founder, RC.
After the interview, you will be able to sign the general service agreement and let us know your banking information so we can pay you when the time comes.
We match up clients to contractors based on availability, interest, personality, and skill set. You’ll have the opportunity to ask all your questions during the interview.
Q: How much does Queerit pay?
A: Our mission is to re-appropriate resources for queer, trans, and other underrepresented folks. We love paying our contractors!
Queerit will generally pay you 75% of the contract fee. We keep the other 25% for operations costs (mostly software) and to pay the salary of some of the workers who support contractors (RC, as well as the occasional systems administrator or social media manager’s salaries).
We are committed to transparency about this, and welcome your comments about our pricing and salary structure.
Q: Is my data safe in Shortlist / with Queerit?
You should also know that clients or any other member of the public cannot see your Shortlist profile; this is for internal Queerit use only.
Q: Who else is on the roster? And who runs this thing?
A: Hi. I’m RC and my pronouns are they and she. I founded this baby, and I am currently the only person running it. You can always send me an email to chat, or follow me on Twitter or Instagram.
Many of the folks we have on our roster (97 and counting!) are members of our Facebook group. Although this is not an ideal platform, it’s where the ppl are at the moment. Maybe one day we’ll move to Crabgrass? Anyway, you can join us on Facebook here.
Business Structure & Ethics
Q: I want to know more about Queerit’s structure and ethics. This seems too good to be true!
A: RC here again. I love this topic.
This is an exercise in not knowing; in staying a beginner; in trying to learn as much as possible from you (my communities); in remaining always willing to change and to move as far away from capitalism as possible while still thriving within it. You can read my blog post on the subject, and I’d love to get your ideas, feedback, critiques, etc. anytime.